Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:10:46 -0700
From:      "Gregory P. Smith" <greg@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, Mark Willey <willey@etla.net>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD USB project, help requested

> The first few steps have been taken in creating a USB device driver
> stack. First of all, I would like to know if anyone else, beside Mark
> Willey and me, has also taken on the task of implementing USB support
> for (Free-)BSD. Second, I would like to hear from people willing to do
> some testing on the existing software.

Yes! I have been working on it.  I am working on it as a class project
(due later this week).  I planned on hooking up with your team after I
finished what I needed for my project.  As it is now, doing as much as
I can on my own is a good learning experience for me even if it isn't
all used in the end.

> x Programmers interested in taking part in the project by implementing
>   bits and pieces:
>   x Implementation of OHCI standard (similar to UHCI)
>   x Support for other UHCI/OHCI chipsets

I volunteer for OHCI standard and support for the SiS 5598 OHCI chipset
(gee, can you guess what my motherboard has :).

> Nick Hibma
> FreeBSD USB driver development

I look forward to working with you..
Greg Smith