Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:11:31 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        "CyberSniper" <wrath@shianet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Off topic, sorta: home RJ-45 wiring

>I hate to be a pain in the butt, but you can buy a single plastic box for 60
>cents at your local hardware store, and that's for the expensive type that
>come with the nails and locator tabs.
>
>Seventy-five cents plus shipping and handling seems a little pricey to me,
>but I suppose it has a purpose and is probably simpler than putting boxes
>in.

Yes, a whole lot simpler when you consider it can be installed after
the walls are finished.  The plastic box you describe has to be
installed before the sheetrock.  Of course there is a different type
of plastic box you didn't mention that installs in the same fashion as
the Milestek wall plate mounting bracket, but why bother with a box
when it isn't necessary?

-Mitch