Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:01:09 -0400
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, Manish Jain <unxfbsdi@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: How to get my Dad's Win2k system to access internet through my FreeBSD 6.2 system

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 09:52:54AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> >internet. My freebsd 6.2 box is connected to the internet and has 2
> >network cards, rl0 and rl1. rl0 connects to the ISP and rl1 is directly
> >connected via a long Ethernet cable to the NIC on my dad's machine. While
> >I can access the internet easily, I want my dad to be able to connect to
> >the internet with my freebsd box serving as the gateway. Can anyone please
> >explain to me in easy steps how to accomplish this ?
> >

> reading admin's handbook or using google will give you an answer

True, but often it is helpful to give some hints about what to
search for in the handbook or the net.    Where to start looking
and/or how to narrow the search is often the biggest problem.

Unless the question is as broad as 'how do I learn about FreeBSD' it
is worthwhile to help the person aim that shotgun or exchange it
for a rifle.

////jerry