Date:      Sun, 05 Mar 2006 11:30:07 -0800
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        Jacco Braat <jacco@jbraat.demon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, "Denis Perisa \[DARKMAN\]" <crohack@vip.hr>
Subject:   Re: hostap mode and wpa-psk with ral(4) problem

I just heard about this problem yesterday and said I'd deal with it on
another mailing list...

Jacco Braat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> more people have problem with ral driver in hostap mode. the maintainer
> knows about it and promised to look into it before 6.1 release
> http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ral/forum/read.php?f=1&i=225&t=163#reply_225

The ral driver does not look to be at fault; I was able to reproduce it
with other cards as well.

FWIW it is most helpful to post freebsd questions on freebsd mailing
lists where most of the developers "hang out".  If your question is
about the ral code in CVS then posting a question to a private mailing
list is less likely to find a response than posting to the appropriate
freebsd-* mailing list.

> authentication is succesfull, but there is a problem with arp and dhcp.
>
> in sys/net80211/ieee80211_input.c (ieee80211_deliver_data) there is some
> code to bridge incomming packets to other connected stations. It looks
> like the driver does not handle these packets correctly.
>
> ifconfig wifi0 -apbridge
>
> disables this feature, then you should be able to connect normally

Thanks for identifying this; I have an idea now what to look for.

	Sam