Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:15:10 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        John Jawed <johnjawed@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Layout poll

On 2005-06-07 15:11, John Jawed <johnjawed@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know it's been sometime since the last update of the redesign layout, but
> I have some big things being built in the jungle of dub dub dub >:)
>
> At any rate, my main focus has been the resizing issue. Alas, I didn't do a
> good job to make people realize this will not resize well in IE or Opera
> unless we used tables, and that isn't a real option.

True.  Layout in pure 100% CSS is tricky when the width of the browser
window is small even with Mozilla-based browsers.  I've been trying to
find a nice CSS-only layout for my weblog for several months now, and
I've finally reached a point where writing my own Wordpress theme that
uses a moderate amount of tables is the only way to look good on most
browsers.

> So here is the question:
>
> Should I use JavaScript to detect the browser (specifically, IE or Opera,
> since FF resizes it just swell) or let the people that use Opera and/or IE
> suffer the consequences of going below 700 pixels?

Nah.  I'd just use tables if that works better :-)