Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:21:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        bright@wintelcom.net (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        damien@tougas.net (Damien Tougas), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Solaris for free!?

> * Damien Tougas <damien@tougas.net> [000131 07:44] wrote:
> > Looks like Sun is going to be giving away Solaris 8 for both
> > commercial and non-commercial use, and they plan on releasing
> > it a couple of weeks before Windows 2000. Woah. Talk about
> > the competition heating up...
> >
> > http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-1531871.html?dtn.head
> > http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/cover/sol8.html
>
> What competition?  To see the longest it takes to get an OS unto a
> usable state?

I suggest a FreeBSD press release that "we are releasing the
source for free before Solaris, so as to undercut their thunder
in releasing their source before Windows 2000 comes out", or
something similar.  People who haven't heard of FreeBSD before
are likely to print it.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---