Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:24:52 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn-Morten_Innselset?= <jorn-morten.innselset@banetele.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Problem with Starting httpd on FreeBSD

First of all you should check your Apache error logs. I struggled with
the exact same problem a time ago, and it turned out to be that the
httpd process couldn't resolve its assiciated hostname on startup due to
the server running named locally. Had to define it spesifically in
/etc/hosts.

--
J=F8rn-Morten Innselset
Email & Web Services Manager