Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 12:08:34 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   portable microsecond sleeps

We have a server package that talks to a visa pos port.  We run this on a
unixware box and on a freebsd box.  At one point in the code we need to
have a microsecond sleep.  BSD has usleep(), however unixware does not
(unless you use /usr/ucb/cc, which is EXTREMELY broken and buggy, so its
not really an option :)

Instead we have tried using select to achieve a microsecond sleep, but
when we run this on the unixware system it munches CPU time.

Any suggestions for other ways to achieve microsecond sleeps?

-Brandon Gillespie