Date:      Sat, 5 May 2007 01:31:02 +0100
From:      "Frank Quinn" <snesreviews@ntlworld.com>
To:        <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Documentation on wireless

Hi guys/girls,

First of all, nice work on the documentation - nobody likes doing it! =
Just a little thing though - I'm pretty new to freebsd (but quite =
familiar with linux and solaris) so I looked to the handbook on how to =
configure my wireless settings =
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wirele=
ss.html) and I just noticed one oversight - with the line outlined =
below:

ifconfig_ath0=3D"authmode shared wepmode on weptxkey 1 wepkey 01234567 =
DHCP"Which didn't work for me, as the 01234567 part seemed to get padded =
out to 104 bit (I'm assuming 128) instead of 40 ( I'm assuming 64) =
according to ifconfig. Based on this, I would assume this would work for =
128-bit WEP but for my little 64-bit WEP network, I needed to use the =
following:ifconfig_ath0=3D"authmode shared wepmode on weptxkey 1 wepkey =
1:0x01234567 DHCP"

Just thought it might save somebody else tearing their hair out in the =
future :).

Cheers,
Frank