Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:31:14 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Networking Question

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

I've noticed that various versions of Windows can detect whether my
ethernet card has a "live" connection.  If I pull the cable or if the other
end goes dead, Windows knows about it.  I've been looking at making a
firewall/NAT machine using FreeBSD and was wondering if there is any way to
determine this situation in FreeBSD.  It would be nice to be able to emit a
beep or update an internal stats website when my router's connection goes
dead.

--=20
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly@zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org

For PGP key, send e-mail with subject "send pgp key"

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--