Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 08:36:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Feiyi Wang <fwang2@eos.ncsu.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: newbie question: tcpdump problem

Do you have bpfilter in your kernel?

>From /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT:
#  The `bpfilter' pseudo-device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.  Be
#  aware of the legal and administrative consequences of enabling this
#  option.  The number of devices determines the maximum number of
#  simultaneous BPF clients programs runnable.
pseudo-device   bpfilter        4       #Berkeley packet filter

Patrick Gardella