Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:41:45 -0400
From:      "Chris Johnson" <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        "Haifeng" <haifeng@ms.lawton.com.cn>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how about the apache virtual server

>I meet a stranger problem ,I install Apache 1.3.0 on my
>freebsd server, I run it, everything is ok ,now I want
>to set server virutal web server on it (I use name based
>virtual host),when I add the name based virual host in
>the http.conf, I restart the server , I found the virtual
>server and the origin point to same html , I don't know
>why, I delete the name based virtual host from the http.conf,
>everythinf is ok,

See http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html. NB the note that
says:

"Note: When you specify an IP address in a NameVirtualHost directive then
requests to that IP address will only ever be served by matching
<VirtualHost>s. The "main server" will never be served from the specified
IP address."

Chris Johnson