Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:09:24 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question

On Sunday, 18 April 1999 at  1:04:35 -0500, Michael Maxwell wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 02:07:14PM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:
>> BSDI isn't BSD.
>
> Uhh... what?  Says who?

Sorry, that could be misinterpreted.  BSD stands for the Berkeley
Software Distribution, software tapes which came out of Berkeley from
1978 to 1994.  BSDI stands for Berkeley Software Design Inc., a
company formed to market BSD software.  Yes, they use BSD software,
but that doesn't make them identical with BSD software.

BTW, if you expect me to answer this kind of message, please copy me
on it.  Otherwise it's left to chance whether I see it or not.

Greg