Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:14:43 -0400
From:      Jonathan Lyster <jslyster@operamail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xsmbrowser installation woes...

Folks;

I did a network installation of 4.3-stable. Installation went fine and my laptop runs sweetly under FreeBSD.

I'm now trying to install the Xsmbrowser so that I can browse my Windows shares and pass files back and forth with my desktop
machine. I have Samba installed, but when I try to install the browser, I get an error message and a failure. The installation detected the
presence of Samba, and had no problem with that. The installation couldn't find the TK components it needed, but it downloaded and
installed them without incident.

But when it got to where it had to install the Expect component, the installation crapped out. Any suggestions? I tried installing Expect
separately (using usr/ports/lang/expect, if I recall correctly) but it refuses to install.

Regards;
   Jonathan Lyster

Look for "The Opera 5.x Book," available now from No Starch Press. http://www.nostarch.com

"All of us are born right-handed; only the gifted overcome it."