Date:      Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:34:24 +0200
From:      "Bastian Rieck" <bastian@tecroots.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop recommendations?

Dear list,

I need to replace my old IBM Thinkpad R50e, which is running FreeBSD
8.2. Currently, my favoured replacement is a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520.
However, I am not sure how well FreeBSD would run on it. Is anyone
using this laptop with FreeBSD? I ran several searches with Google,
of course, but the models described in search results are either
too old or too expensive,
i.e. more than 1000 EUR...

Consequently, I am also interested in other recommendations: If you are
using an affordable laptop (say less than 600 EUR, i.e. 850 USD) with
FreeBSD, please reply. My requirements are actually quite low: I need 3D
acceleration (OpenGL) as I am developing scientific visualization
software and a working WLAN card. Any extra features/hardware supported
would be nice, but it is definitely _not_ a must.

Thanks for your considerations.

Kind regards,
   Bastian