Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 14:55:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        jnash <jnash@neo.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: redistribution

On Thu, 27 May 1999, jnash wrote:

> I am interested in redistributing your software to people via cd-rom.
> I would not be selling your software for a profit!  I would be
> charging a VERY small fee to handle cost and s&h.  I would like your
> permission to do so.  Please reply ASAP with any ideas or suggestions
> and grant permission for me do go forward to help less fortunate
> individuals be able to have your wonderful o/s without tying up their
> ISP for days downloading it.

Certainly!  Please read the copyright and be aware of the copyrights of
sub-packages (esp. in the packages tree) before putting them on CD.  Some
have no-resale restrictions.  The ports/LEGAL file should list these.

The Walnut Creek CDs are copyrighted, so you must assemble your own CDs.
It's of course OK to just download them from ftp.freebsd.org, or 'make
release' your own. :)

Doug White