Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 1999 15:37:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Albert Max Lai <amlai@columbia.edu>
To:        Andy Kennedy <st0658@student-mail.jsu.edu>
Cc:        Jochen Roedenbeck <roe@spl-spindel.de>, AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI speed with IBM DGVS09U (8 GB) hard drive, Linux

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Andy Kennedy wrote:

> Jochen,
> 	I have a similar problem.  From what I understand from information
> that has been given from people on the list, you cannot have one disc
> running at 40 and another running at 10????  I have 4 UW's and 1 N and I
> have to run all of the discs at 10.

I thought that the ability to run discs at different speeds was a selling
point for Adaptec (or is that only on U2W adapers?). I have an aic-7895
onboard a Tyan 1836DLUAN with a DGVS09U that runs at 40 MB/sec, a narrow
Quantum viking running at 20 MB/sec, and a Toshiba XM-3702TA CD-ROM
running at 4.4 MB/sec. So, at least for me, it seems that you can have a
variety of speeds on a single bus (all are connected to bus 0).

--
Albert Lai <amlai@columbia.edu>           1018D East Campus
Residential Computer Consultant           411 W. 116th St.