Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:49:56 -0400
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@lucent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Modem not replying with login

This sounds familiar.  I *think* I added dialup in the ttys file for the
device as described in the handbook:

	ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty xxx"   dialup on

see: http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook182.html
<http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook182.html>;

I also had problems using the "terminal" program which came with Win 3.1
(this was a long time ago).  Adding the above worked for other programs but
still didn't work for the terminal applet which ships with win3.1.

MikeC

Michael C. Cambria                        Lucent Technologies
SNA Product Development                          Bell Labs Innovations
   Voice: (978) 287 - 2807                300 Baker Avenue
     Fax: (978) 287 - 2810                Concord, Massachusetts 01742
Internet:  mcambria@lucent.com <mailto:mcambria@lucent.com>