Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:07:29 -0800
From:      chuck sumner <csumner@learn2.com>
To:        Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: richochet modems

These are my problems, and they are newbie style

Following Brad Karps advice I did a "cu -s 57600 -l /dev/cuaa0"
and I get a Connected. Thats all.

Following the ppp and slip setup page from the handbook, i added tun0
to my network_interfaces line in my rc.conf.

if I do an ifconfig tun0, I get: tun0:
flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

should i be trying to config ppp0 instead?

Assuming my ppp.conf is correct, and I'm using Brads' now, when I
issue the dial command, I get nothing.

pretty much totally lost.

chuck

>On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, chuck sumner wrote:
>
>>  Anyone had any luck with ricochet modems?
>
>>  There are some instructions on metricoms site, but they are to no avail.
>>
>>  I dont know if its a ppp/d problem or a ricochet problem.
>>
>>  Any help?
>>  # Senior Staff Technologist
>
>What is your problem ? Without a description there is little we can do :-)
>
>Basically, simply use userland PPP as if it was a normal ISP and all
>is well. You might want to add a '!bg' to -HUP your DNS and web cache
>when you loose/gain connection frequently; but that is about it.
>
>Dw.

# Chuck Sumner
# Senior Staff Technologist
# Learn2.com