Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:39:14 -0400
From:      Michael Jaskowiak <skovian@interpath.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I can't get a getty

Hello All,

	Here's the deal.  I have a system that resides on a flash drive (350
megs).  The thing is that this system won't have a video card installed
in it.  The system works with the exception of not being able to have
any getty processes running.  If I have a video card in it, I can have
as many getty's as I want.  However, if I don't have a video card in it,
I can't get any.  Not even if I edit /etc/ttys, change a few off's to
on's and 'kill -1 1'.  In my kernel configuration file, I have remarked
out all the vga stuff as well as the sc0.  Do I need one of these or
maybe an option that I cant quite find?  Please help.  Thanks.

Michael