Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 1999 10:10:22 -0500
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, vns@delta.odessa.ua, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't get vmware to run ( on -current )

On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 11:13:19PM +0100, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Well,  I think I had an outdated vmware port.
> I grabbed it new from the mindspring webserver.
> Then I had to manually load the vmmon.ko module
> from /usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/modules
Don't required, this modules are loaded at the booting time, in the
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/vmware.sh script. After installation you are can
launch it manually.

> I created a new configuration and the only problem seems
> to be the following error messages:
> a) about missing /dev/rtc and
Exactly, /dev/rtc doesn't supported.

> b) could not open /usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/vmm (no such file or directory).
This is a FAQ.
When you are selected, that you are want to use linux proc filesystem
emulator, you are _must_ mount it in /compat/linux/proc before launch
vmware executable (the easiest way to do that, it's install the linuxprocfs
port). At other case vmware port provide some hack and dirty way to emulate
some facility of linux proc filesystem.

--
Vladimir Silyaev