Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 05:49:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "M.Mallikarjuna" <"mallik_seenu@hotmail.com;mmmall1"@monsanto.com;;>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gnu/42955: Problem in repository while accessing from client machine

>Number:         42955
>Category:       gnu
>Synopsis:       Problem in repository while accessing from client machine
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
In Linux server I created repository (e.g. cvstest )and imported one module name as "TestSource" into repository sucessfuly. After that I'm able to check-out module in same server in different location (i.e. different folder location) sucessfuly. If I check-out from different machine (Windows NT client ) I'm getting the following error message.
*******************ERROR message starts from here****************
sh-2.05$ cvs -d:pserver:cvs@10.200.4.198:/cvsroot co cvstest
cvs checkout: failed to open /home/mmmall1/.cvspass for reading: No such file or  directory
cvs checkout: unrecognized auth response from 10.200.4.198: no repository configured in /etc/cvs/cvs.conf
cvs [checkout aborted]: shutdown() failed, server 10.200.4.198: Transport endpoint is not connected

*******************Ends *************************************
>How-To-Repeat:
      I started by following order with logged in as root.
Step 1:
        mkdir /cvsroot &&
        chmod 1777 /cvsroot &&
        export CVSROOT=/cvsroot
        cvs init
Step 2:
        Import source code into repository
        export CVSROOT= /cvsroot &&
        cd TestSource &&
        cvs import -m "repository test" cvstest vendortag releasetag
Step 3:
        Verify local repository access
         cvs co cvstest
stpe 4:
         Verify remote repository access
         export CVS_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh &&
         cvs -d :ext:servername:/cvsroot co cvstest
Step 5:  Testing anonymouse access to the new repository requires an
         account on another machine that can reach the CVS server via
         network. Tested with anonymouse user from different client.

         cvs -d:pserver:anonymouse@servername:/cvsroot co cvstest
         After execution of above statement I'm getting the
         following error message.

         sh-2.05$ cvs -d:pserver:cvs@10.200.4.198:/cvsroot co cvstest
cvs checkout: failed to open /home/mmmall1/.cvspass for reading: No such file or  directory
cvs checkout: unrecognized auth response from 10.200.4.198: no repository configured in /etc/cvs/cvs.conf
cvs [checkout aborted]: shutdown() failed, server 10.200.4.198: Transport endpoint is not connected

Would you please suggest me where I'm doing wrong. Thank you time spent on this.

Thanks
Mallikarjuna