Date:      Sun, 5 May 1996 15:00:45 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        scanner@webspan.net (Scanner SOD)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disklabel is hosed

Scanner SOD writes:

> What the hell happened to my disklabel's :) When i do disklabel -e /dev/sdx
> and exit withought changing anything i get : line 12: 0: bad rpm
> line 13: 0: bad interleave
> Warning, revolutions/minute 0
> now if i fill in the rpm which i have and the interleave i get this:
> disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: Operation not supported by device

Well, the first error messages stopped you getting the second.  Since
you are getting this value, I'm assuming you haven't labelled the disk
at all yet.  I have some draft documentation (in PostScript) which
might help.

> Can someone PLEASE tell me wtf happened to my disklabels :)
> My HD's appear to work but the interleave and rpm and a few things are
> set to 0. I have no clue how this happened or how to fix it.

Hmm, maybe you have a labelled disk after all.  If you send me a copy
of your disktab and the output of fdisk /dev/rsdx, I'd be interested
in looking at it.

Greg