Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:24:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        jadamson@can.eds.com (Adamson Jason)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpd

Adamson, Jason writes:
> I am wondering if someone out there could send me a sample config
  for MPD. The man pages and the conf's give little info about actually
  setting up the program for specific purposes. As well the mail
  lists are of little help in this department. I am wanting to set
  up a multi-link connection from my gateway here to my isp useing
  a motorola Bit surfer over an ISDN line. If someone could send me
  a sample of thier mpd.conf and the mpd.linkup so i could get a
  rough idea on what should go where. The comments in the conf are
  of no use for a ISDN user. They specifically refer to ppl trying
  to bind 2 analog modems together. I would like to bind my to digital
  isdn channels into one link on my FreeBSD gateway. Any help would
  be greatly appreciated.

The motorola Bitsurfr does all the multi-link itself, hiding it from
your view so to speak, so if that's what you're using you don't need
to use mpd (you can use the regular ppp daemon). Just send whatever
AT commands are required to properly configure the bitsurfr and then
dial as you would with a normal modem.

If you still want to use mpd I can help with any more questions.

-Archie