Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:04:35 +1000
From:      "Keith Spencer" <bsd@smmc.qld.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: syslogd not working!

Hi Greg and all,

> > at boot the report is...syslogd can't bind to something
> > and says it isn't able to take requests or something.
> >
> > Any clues ?
>
> No, you left them out of the message.  What are the somethings?
Fair enough....Here are the errors ?
During boot sequence:
syslog: bind: Can't assign requested address
syslog:child pid 59 exited with return code 1
....what does that mean : ^ o  ?

> Is syslogd running?  If it isn't, what happens if you try to start it?
> Greg
.... How do I do that Greg?
BTW I notice in rc.conf that there are no syslog flage set...does
this matter?
Thanks for your help

Keith Spencer
Teacher...St Margaret Marys College