Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:27:34 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@c0mplx.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for bge(4) testers

On Monday, September 17, 2012 6:46:31 am Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > box. I'm especially interested in whether there is any ASF/IPMI
> > > regression on BCM570x/571x.
> >
> > Any ipmi-specific tests I should make ?
>
> This comes with kldload ipmi:
>
> ipmi0: <IPMI System Interface> port 0xca2-0xca3 on acpi0
> ipmi0: KCS mode found at io 0xca2 on acpi
> ipmi0: KCS error: ff
> ipmi0: IPMI device rev. 1, firmware rev. 1.10, version 2.0
> ipmi0: Number of channels 1
> ipmi0: Attached watchdog
> ipmi1: <IPMI System Interface> on isa0
> device_attach: ipmi1 attach returned 16
> ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range

That shows you have a working BMC (just ignore the ipmi1 warning).  I think to
test you will want to use ipmitool from a remote machine to access the BMC
over the network.  (Some BMC's have web UI's as well that support remote KVM,
etc.  That would be a better test than just using ipmitool.)

--
John Baldwin