Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:29:26 -0500
From:      Fred Clark <fclark@southwind.net>
To:        FreeBSD SCSI <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can't access tape drive with tar, with an Adaptec 2940UW

Hi,

   I recently install a current snapshot dated 2/22/98. Whenever I try
to retreive any information from the tape drive (/dev/rst0) using tar
(i.e. tar tvf, xvf, etc..), I receive a message from tar "tar:
blocksize=1". There's no problem with the device accessing the drive, it
reads the tape. The drive works fine on another machine running 2.2.5,
(read and write accessing). As mentioned in the subject line, i'm using
an Adaptec 2940UW with a MaynardStream 1350q tape drive. This is the
first time i've ever encountered this problem, any pointers.

Thanks,

        Fred...