Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 04:39:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <msmith@mass.dis.org>
Subject:   Re: Found NFS data corruption bug... (was Re: NFS: How to make FreeBSD fall on its face in one easy step )

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>    All I can say is... holy shit!

Dude, you kick ass.  At work I've been dealing with Linux's crappy NFS
implementation for years, while FreeBSD has always been pretty damn good
by comparison.  Linux finally got a decent amount of performance under
2.4 (which finally does NFSv3 to hosts other than other Linux boxen),
but it still can't touch the FreeBSD NFS implementation.  The more
robust you make it the easier it is for me to argue for deployment of
more FreeBSD systems in NFS server roles.  The only advantage Linux has
got right now is XFS, which is admittedly a pretty large advantage on
multi terabyte filesystems where fsck is impossible.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
"Iam mens praetrepidans avet vagari."
- G. Valerius Catullus, Carmina, XLVI