Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:59:53 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Rafael Gomez <rgomez@c-com.net.ve>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD showcase in ITExpo 2000 in Australia"?

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Danny wrote:

> - Went to the IT Expo and found out there was :-
>
> 1 copy of FreeBSD 3.4 and 4 copies of NetMax Fileservers for FreeBSD the others
> are Turbo Linux, Corel Linux, SGI Linux., RedHat Linux
>
> - In my University
>
> 2 IT students using FreeBSD and 1/3 of the final year IT students use Linux
> RedHat
>
> Not much people are aware of BSD
>
>  I suggest to promote FreeBSD in Australia and around the world what we should
> try and do is get: -
>
> Have FreeBSD showcases at the ITExpos in Australia and around the world to
> promote FreeBSD.

I would have liked to do something for the Linux show in Sydney but taking
time off work and travelling up there wasn't an option :-( ...  not to
mention I didn't find out about it until only a couple of weeks
beforehand.

Is there a list Oz (+Kiwi) daemonoids can keep track of things like this?

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
        andymac@pcug.org.au           (play2) |        Australia