Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 1995 16:10:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@warlock.win.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   eisa aha274x problem is my mb

Justin is right my EISA motherboard isn't doing DMA to the upper 16mb.  Grrr.

My p90/pci motherboard sitting right next to it is doing just fine :-)

Thats what happens when you pick up ratty old used EISA P-60's as test
machines :-)

Guess I will just have to build on that box with bounce buffers.  I wonder
how hard it would be to make some of these configuration options soft instead
of compile time.  I'd like to be able to run the same kernel across several
platforms but I can see some options (like bounce buffers) that would be
nice to set from a /sysgen.dat file or something.  Guess thats my VMS time
coming out :-)

I am able to do compiles just fine with the latest snap by the way.

PS: does anybody have a list of whats good about the new XFree86 dist?

Having even more fun than Solaris sysadmins.....

mark.h