Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:16:57 -0400
From:      Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
To:        Dominic Marks <dom@goodforbusiness.co.uk>
Cc:        Jerome Sobecki <sobek@pasteur.fr>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stability of ICH7 sata on FreeBSD 6.1 ?

Dominic Marks wrote:
> Jerome Sobecki wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We have here some Supermicro Superserver 5015P-TR
>> (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5015/SYS-5015P-TR.cfm)
>>
>> Those servers, with a ICH7 controler, are currently working with FreeBSD
>> 6.1 and everything seems ok, except that it's the third time, on two
>> different machines, that the system crash because it lost is hard drive.

I have two Supermicro PDSMi MB servers in productions and i am also
experiencing mysterious disk loses. The system continues to function
fine, as i am using gmirror, however something strange is going on.
Sometimes the disks come back, sometimes i need to reboot the system to
get them back. I am using Seagate ST3160812AS 3.AAE drives. The drives
reports no SMART errors, and the cables are secure. The drives are
attached to a hot swap back plane.