Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2008 20:52:04 +0100
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org>
To:        Emmanuel BERNARD <ebrd@neuf.fr>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad link on FAQ

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:17:21PM +0100, Emmanuel BERNARD wrote:
> Marc
>
> I've choosed a chapter and currently translating it but I'd like to know
> what is your favourite file format to send it: word, rft or html..?

Please don't use these formats, I'll not be able to open the files or
it'll be just very difficult to convert them to SGML.
You have to use the original SGML file (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/book.sgml)
and just replace the english with the french translation.  For that, you
will have to use a text editor, here too don't use any windows tool: I
mean no notepad but real editor like Vi or Emacs that does not "pollute"
the content and/or the layout of the file.

--
Marc