Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:23:55 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        OtO <mr.moto@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: newbie firewall

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:05:32 -0600 you wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> freebsd 4.8 on dialup connection
>
> after I activated the firewall in I think etc/rc.conf
>
> I cannot dial out . worked fine before the firewall was turned on.
>
> What is the most likely solution?  thank you for any help

We're not supposed to answer technical questions on this list. Its
is a gathering place for people new to FreeBSD and sharing
experiencies with others. Check out the FAQ at:

	http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/

That being said, I'd like to mention that there is a document on
"Dialup firewalling with FreeBSD" and can be found on your local
system:

	/usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/dialup-firewall

or online at:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/dialup-firewall/

If you have not found it already, you might get some good information
from the Handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls.html

If you still have questions or problems, please post it to
freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org with as much information as you
think relates to the issue.  You'll be asked for more if its
not sufficient.  This is the best place to ask a question and
you'll get the best answers there.

I hope the above links are helpful!

Best regards,

Randy