Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:13:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        gmarco@scotty.masternet.it (Gianmarco Giovannelli)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nuovo DNS (sorry for the mistake)

> > Ora la cosa fatta a mano va bene per un dominio ma se uno ne ha circa
> > 480 di zone da modificare la cosa puo' diventare noiosa.
> > Siccome la problematica dovrebbe essere comune a molti c'e' nessuno che
> > ha gia' fatto uno script awk/perl/sh per convertire i file ?
> >
> > Altrimenti mi metto al lavoro :-)
>
> Sorry for this message, but I'd like to write it to chat@gufi.org
> (FreeBSD italian user group) and obviusly it was in italian language.
>
> Btw I was asked if none has developed/written a perl/sh/awk script to
> convert the old way DNS zones into the new format (so named stop to
> generate warnings).
>
> Sorry again for the waste of bandwith.

My comments about the authority records stand; the way you have
converted this, and the way you wre originally running it, is
actually wrong.

But yes, there is a conversion script supplied in the BIND 8
contrib directory.

I told you my Italian was rusty.  8-).  I thought you were
having a problem running the named after you had converted into
the new format...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---