Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:19:01 -0700
From:      Deven Kampenhout <deven@netexplorer.org>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ypserv.new (feeback requested)

David E. Cross wrote:

> I notice that a lot of people downloaded the ypserv update.  I also know that
> many people have had the same troubles I reported with the 'old' ypserv.
> Have any of you who have had troubles tested this version?  Did it work?
> For those who are running it, have you noticed any problems?
>
> --
> David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
> Lab Director                              | Rm: 308 Lally Hall
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,         | Ph: 518.276.2860
> Department of Computer Science            | Fax: 518.276.4033
> I speak only for myself.                  | WinNT:Linux::Linux:FreeBSD

When was this update published? I cvsuped to 4.4-prerelease on a system
last friday, and was having problems getting nis to work correctly. I
could get information fine, but when trying to log in with a linux
machine (nis server is running FreeBSD 4.4-prerelease), the password
keeps failing. Seems like the linux box can't correctly read the nis
passwords.

Is this part of the known problem, or am I doing something wrong?

- Deven
deven@netexplorer.org