Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:25:30 +0100
From:      Andreas Wetzel <mickey242@gmx.net>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad 600 - CardBus inoperative

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> I have ThinkPad 600X.  Try setting hw.cbb.start_memory=0xd8000
> in /boot/loader.conf.  I no longer have to use hw.pci.link.*.irq
> hacks.  Other than continuing regressions with ACPI suspend, it
> feels good under -CURRENT for almost eight years now.  ;)

Lucky you. I have tried setting hw.cbb.start_memory=0xd8000, but it does not
seem to make any difference. I guess there are subtle differences between the
ThinkPad 600 and 600X. I already spent hours of googling to find a solution
to this problem, but all I could find out, is that other OSes like Linux or
NetBSD have had similar problems on this hardware. Not sure if they managed to
fix it though. Surprisingly Windows has no problem with that machine, even
running with ACPI HAL at all, apart from being *slow* :)

--
Keep it icy man.
I don't want to end up a corpse before my time because you were daydreaming.