Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:11:19 -0500
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        f-q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ot - software to wrap email to be run thru' procmail

in message <20020225095754.GA70924@hades.hell.gr>,
wrote Giorgos Keramidas thusly...

> On 2002-02-25 02:17, parv wrote:
> > hi ya,
> >
> > i am in need of software to wrap email messages to be run thru'
> > procmail recipe.
> > does anybody have any other suggestions for a c, perl, rexx, or
> > (ba|k|z)sh based program?  (i can fiddle w/ all the languages
> > mentioned except c.)
>
> I've used par from the ports, with varying degrees of success and
> brokenness in the past.  Now I have become addicted to emacs'
> filling and vim's gq intelligence.

is 'gq' executed w/o your intervention, while using vim as a
pager?

> Before you go on a wrap-the-world campaign though, you might want
> to consider things like MIME-attachments and multipart messages.
> In MIME, sometimes the text is `wrapped' by escaping the newline
> with an equal sign (`=') character at the end of an otherwise
> valid line.

thanks for the bringing it to my attention as i hadn't thought about
it before, even though while searching for my solution, i came
across some threads which apparently were discussing how to remove
those (=..) characters.

do not worry giorgos.  right now, i need to wrap messages which come
from two-three guys who consistently send unwrapped text only emails
on a minolta mailing list.

  - parv