Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:42:54 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        gjc@alum.mit.edu
Subject:   Re: port of crashme

Am 10.08.2012 00:19, schrieb George Carrette:
> I noticed that the FreeBSD port of crashme lacked
> a port maintainer.
>
> I am the original author of crashme, which I have hosted  at http://crashme.codeplex.com/ since July 2008.
>
> Since I am also a heavy user of Freebsd now I very interesed in becoming the maintainer of the port of crashme.

Hi George,

thank you for volunteering. You are the maintainer now,
and I suppose you may want to upgrade the port that has
fallen behind a bit.

For your port updates, please:

- work along the lines laid out in the porter's handbook,
  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

- if feasible for you, install portlint and porttools and run
  "port test" to see if the new/updated port builds, installs and
  deinstalls properly

- use send-pr or the port tools ("port submit") to send in the updates

Good speed.

Best,
Matthias