Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:38:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freebsd.org!freebsd-questions, ponds!yonet.org.hk!tan.han.koon%kiasu
Subject:   Re: UUCP

> FREEBSD is a UUCP mailing program right?What can it do?Because i am
> thinking of making UUCP for my own network..Please reply this message
> back to tan.han.koon%kiasu@yonet.org.hk
> thanks
> byebye

 FreeBSD comes with UUCP support; via the Taylor UUCP package.

 The book "Managing UUCP and Usenet" from O'Reilly and associates is
a good starting point on how to set up and use UUCP and it's related
utilities.

 However, Taylor UUCP has changed the configuration files; these new
files are not documented in that book.  I've heard rumors that a new
edition is out, or on-the-way that documents the Taylor configuration
files.   In the meantime; Taylor UUCP can be configured to act like
one of the other systems, e.g. HDB.  [Read the book, this will make
a lot of sense.]

 Also, with FreeBSD; there is plenty of documentation on how to set this
up...

	- Dave Rivers -