Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 12:07:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marc Ramirez <mrami@mramirez.sy.yale.edu>
To:        sameer@atropos.c2.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recommended laptop configurations

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996 sameer@atropos.c2.org wrote:

> 	I am going to need to rent a laptop for a week. I'm going to
> need to use a PCMCIA ethernet and modem. Any suggestions on what will
> work with freebsd? Because I'm renting it, it needs to be a pretty
> standard configuration, so that the rental shop will stock it.

A friend of mine runs FreeBSD on a ThinkPad 701CS (I think it's a CS; has
a built-in 14.4 modem, anyways) and uses a 3COM Etherlink III.  Both are
pretty standard fare.

Marc.

--
. . . then anyone who leaves behind him a written manual, and likewise
anyone who receives it, in the belief that such writing will be clear