Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2012 07:14:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com>
To:        Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>, Kris Moore <kris@pcbsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports request

I have had a really difficult time getting wine to run on PC-BSD and FreeBS=
D. =A0Nothing seems to work correctly. =A0Is there a simple document to get=
 this to work?=0A=0AIf I can get it to work, there's probably a good chance=
 I can move the boy (and others) over to PC-BSD.=0A=0AP.=0A=0A=0A__________=
______________________=0A From: Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>=0ATo: Paul P=
athiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com> =0ACc: "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.or=
g>; Kris Moore <kris@pcbsd.org> =0ASent: Saturday, October 6, 2012 2:45 AM=
=0ASubject: Re: Ports request=0A =0AOn 6 October 2012 04:52, Paul Pathiakis=
 <pathiaki2@yahoo.com> wrote:=0A> Good day, ports!=0A>=0A> Something that I=
 have noticed in the world of home desktops....=A0 although *BSD is total s=
erver package and I can do many things.....=0A> The StEam platform from Val=
Ve corp is a large step in gaming at this point.=0A>=0A> I have a 13 year o=
ld who has a slew of friends on this gaming platform.=A0 Minecraft was a hu=
ge leap for gaming on the desktop on PC-BSD.=A0 My son loves using it on PC=
-BSD but STEAM is where he is spending more than half his time.... on Windo=
ze!!=0A>=0A> StEam is in the process of moving over to Linux. Please don't =
fall behind in the effort of bringing this platform to BSD.=0A=0ADon't be f=
ooled-- the people responsible for bringing Steam to Linux=0Aare the guys a=
t Valve, not the "Linux people", whoever they are.=0A=0ABeing non-free soft=
ware, we are almost powerless in porting it.=A0 It=0Adoes run great under W=
ine however.=0A=0AChris