Date:      Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:35:53 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org, hrs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Building a local copy of www.freebsd.org

--FYos7FMnk2wAe7eG

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 09:27:27AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> I found another problem triggered by a local change I've made: I have
> my troffrc set for A4 paper (.pl 29.7c) and this causes
> doc/share/images/books/handbook/advanced-networking/net-routing.eps to
> fail with reports of "blank page!!" and "no bounding box".  The
> problem appears to be that "groff net-routing.pic" results in a small
> picture right at the top of the page - apparently above the 11" point.
> When "-sPAPERSIZE=3Dletter" is specified during the EPS conversion, the
> picture is cropped off, resulting in a blank page.  Is there a
> particular reason for explicitly specifying the papersize in the EPS
> conversion?  The ps2epsi script doesn't bother doing this.

The commit log for that line of doc.images.mk says:

 revision 1.26
 date: 2003/12/30 21:41:17;  author: hrs;  state: Exp;  lines: +32 -8
 Fix problems when ghostscript with A4=3Dyes is used.

I remember those problems with ghostscript, but the problems you're
describing presumably weren't apparent.  If you try removing that
argument from doc.images.mk, do you end up with sensible output?

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--FYos7FMnk2wAe7eG

--FYos7FMnk2wAe7eG--