Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:20:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Veaceslav Revutchi <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd, leased lines (static interface)

Hello,

I have a 3.1 machine with a multiport serial card holding
leased lines connections. I use pppd for that, so I have
interfaces like ppp0, ppp1 ... and so on.

To get the usage statistics for these lines I use ucd-snmp on that
machine and MRTG on another.

The problem is that if some of the links go down for some reason
then when they come up they might use a different ppp interface
and that breaks all my MRTG logs!

How do I tell pppd to staticaly assign the line residing on
/dev/ttyd? to ppp? so that no other ttyd* line will take this
interface?

Any advices are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
veaceslav.