Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/6935: Update to the w3c-httpd port

The following reply was made to PR ports/6935; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To: giffunip@asme.org
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 17:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

  * They are available, but in different places, and one of them
  * applied to a different directory so I had to edit it. Some are
  * compressed and some are not. It was MUCH simpler to add the with
  * the other patches.

 Then, the only one that needs to be added is the one in a different
 directory.  You can list multiple PATCH_SITES so they will all be
 grabbed.  The decompression is handled on a per-file basis so it's not
 a problem to have compressed and uncompressed patchfiles.

 Given the above, I do not agree to put whole patchfiles (which are all
 quite large) in the repository.  We are going to have the repository
 size explode if people start doing this when PATCHFILES can clearly
 handle them. :)

  * Please close the PR, I have to rename the patches and check that at
  * least the basic stuff still works.

 There's really no need to close the PR, you can just send the new
 version as an update to this PR (just like this message was).  I put
 the PR in the "feebdack" state.

 Satoshi