Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:01:10 -0500
From:      "Ken Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        "Murray Stokely" <murray@freebsd.org>, "Georgi Hristov" <tweaky_81@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.8-RELEASE status

Well, the FreeBSD website is updated to announce v4.8 to the world SOME of
the mirrors are updated with April 3, 2003 ISO images of the i386 dir. I
guess people want to know which mirrors are holding the OFFICIAL ISO
releases before they spend the time downloading them.

I downloaded the latest ISO but did note the announcements of KDE 3.1.1 and
Gnome 2.2.1 after the port freeze was lifted. Well, kudos for the fast port
upgraded of those products. I haven't loaded the official release yet but
will when I get home. I'll mainly review KDE 3.1.1 and Gnome 2.2.1 on
FreeBSD 4.8 versus how it looks on other platforms.

Thanks again. Please announce which mirrors carry the official release of
v4.8  (ftp1-14.freebsd.org). If you did already and I missed it, then
thanks! ;o)
~Ken