Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 95 11:47:29 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        matt@lkg.dec.com (Matt Thomas)
Cc:        osyjm@cdsnet.net, root@deadline.snafu.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Q: Does anyone know about implementing LAT support?

> I have about half a DECnet kernel written (source compatible with
> DECnet-ULTRIX at the socket and library level).  One of the problems
> is that none of the LAN drivers support multiple physical addresses.
> Nor is there is a way to enable a different physical address.

Tell me this can be distributed as free software...

Do you really require multiple physical addresses, or just need to
reprogram the one physical address to match the DECNet address?

I thought multiple addresses were only necessary to put up cluster
specific addresses.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---