Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:22:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net (John S. Dyson)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: major timer/APIC code changes.

> It could still be the VM code, but it would be good to understand how your
> system is failing.  For example, when your system "freezes" are you running
> X windows?  Can you still ping or telnet into it?

Yes, I am running X-windows.  I can't ping telnet or anything to the machine.
I can't even log in via the serial console attached to the machine.  The
activity light on the network cards are still active though.  Sometimes it
occurs immediately after I log in and start typing in the xterm window.  Other
times it locks up while I am out and not using the computer.  Twice I was using
nfs at the time of the lockups.

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request