Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:20:33 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   svn: E175002: REPORT of '/ports/!svn/me': Could not send request: Operation not permitted (http://svn.freebsd.org)

--------------enig4C4BC6084A874E1CC434DDE3

I receive since two days on my FreeBSD 10 boxes this message when
updating the /usr/ports tree. What is this supposed to mean?

The error is occuring from the university's net as well as from my
private provider, so I think it is something more sophisticated than
simply network issues ...

[/usr/ports]: make update
>>> Updating /usr/ports using Subversion
cd /usr/ports; /usr/local/bin/svn update
Updating '.':
svn: E175002: REPORT of '/ports/!svn/me': Could not send request:
Operation not permitted (http://svn.freebsd.org)
*** [update] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.