Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:12:45 -0400
From:      "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiple default routers/gateways?

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 03:24:02PM +0300 Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> Not supported.
>
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 02:00:17PM +0200, Len Conrad wrote:
> > We see in Windows that it's possible to define multiple default routers,
> > with failover to next default router.
> >
> > We cannot find multiple default routers in FreeBSD?
> >
> > man route
> > man rc.conf
> > man ifconfig
> >
> > Didn't help us.
> >
> > Len

You could write a script that checks the default router on a
regular basis in the background.  If something goes wrong and
that router goes down, you could bring down the default interface
and bring it up again with another default router.  There's
probably some solution for this already written by someone else,
I would think.

--
David S. Jackson                        dsj@dsj.net