Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:55:28 GMT
From:      Kevin Weiss/AUS/Lotus <Kevin_Weiss/AUS/Lotus@lotus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   *sigh*...zip is still not working

First of all, I apologize if I haven't made myself clear in the past as to
what's going on with
this situation.

Problem:
     -I have a "dangerously dedicated" :-) 8.4 GB HDD running FreeBSD 3.1.
     -I have an INTERNAL Iomega zip drive, connected as a 2ndary slave. I
have 5 full zip disks
          with all my old data, docs, mp3's, etc...all in DOS
format...before my conversion from Win95
     -I cannot get FreeBSD to mount the zip drive :-(

Troubleshooing (so far):
     -I have checked the FAQ's, Handbook, old mailing list archives,
previous suggestions, links
          to other sites, and have still had not luck.  I reread the
section on Hard Drive info
          in the book, but still no luck.
     -Have taken previous tips from others
     -variations of mount (mount -t msdos /dev/wfd0, mount /zip,
etc.)...nope
     -checked my custom kernel for MSDOS filesystem...yep
     -checked my custom kernel for wfd0 entry w/ATAPI entry...yep

Environment:
     -My /etc/fstab reads like so:
          ...(other entries)
          /dev/wfd0c              /zip                  ufs
rw,noauto,user           0       0
          /dev/wfd0s4             /zipdos         msdos   rw,noauto,user
0       0
          ...(other entries)
     -Upon bootup, machine reads ATAPI 100MB ZIP drive on "wdc1", but next
two lines show something like:
          wfd0: "BUGGY" zip drive
          wfd0: device not configured; 64 K buffer limit

Please, if someone has an INTERNAL Iomega zip drive setup like me, let me
know your command line
     for mounting the drive, what your fstab entry looks like, and what
directory

PS - To Crist Clark , when you say dmesg, do you mean to "grep" the wfd0,
or wdc1 drive?